In this short video, I review my on-person Everyday Carry (EDC). I’ve given a lot of thought and attention to my EDC (Every day carry), both on-person and my EDC kits. I feel I’m pretty much dialed in for my needs right now. I will continue to upgrade and adjust as needed.
Initially, this would be the beginning section of my Every Day Carry Pack video (Coming next week), but once it ran over the 15-minute range, I decided to make it a separate video.
This might seem like a lot to carry for many people, but this has been my on-person everyday carry for many years. It’s what works for me in my situation and daily routine. Your EDC may look very different. This video is to share what I carry daily and offer some ideas.
Every Day Carry Items Shown
I’ll list my everyday carry (on-person) items, along with links where available, below:
Note: Every Amazon link is an affiliate/paid link. I won’t include the (Aff) identifier on all those links for this article.
- LA Police Gear Men’s Operator Pant with Lower Leg Pockets. These pants have a very limited number available, and LA Police gear just informed me they have no plans to continue with these particular ones. I also have LAPG Men’s Basic Operator Pant w/ Elastic Waistband, and they are pretty much the same without the leg pockets – which I don’t use anyway. I’m ordering more since the Blackhawk versions seem to have vanished.
- Blackhawk Tactical Pants – I can’t find the Blackhawk pants anywhere.
- G-Shock Watch: My work watch is the Casio men’s G-Shock in Resin with anti-slip over-sized buttons – Water resistant and anti-magnetic.
- Timex Expedition – I actually have two different Timex Expeditions (shown above), and I think they look fantastic. The one shown in the video is the Acadia. My older watch, the Timex Expedition Indiglo 905 V4, is no longer in production.
- Spiderco – My dress knife, and my favorite pocket knife, is the Spyderco Manix 2 Folding Knife w/ black G-10 Handle, full-flat grind, CPM S30V Steel Blade, and Ball Bearing. (I have the ‘plain edge’ – found under ‘size’)
- Business Card Holder – I have this in Carbon Black. It’s very inexpensive and has lasted over a year so far. I may upgrade eventually, but for now, it’s working out just fine.
- Axis Wallet – The Axis I carry is no longer available. 🙁 There’s a newer version, which I have, but I still prefer to carry my old Axis. The new version is the Trayvax Original 2.0 Slim.
- RFID Blocking Sleeves – The one thing I dislike about sleeves inside a ‘push-out‘ minimalist wallet is the glued seam. It tends to catch on other cards. The solution is to face the seam away from other cards so they have a smooth service to ride against.
- CRKT Pocket Knife – I purchased this in May of 2020, and it has held up well.
- Mesh Zipper Pouch – I buy stuff like this a lot and keep the extras for other kits. In this case, I have 10 pieces of the 3×4-inch pouches.
- Wet Ones – I buy this type of thing in bulk. I’m a prepper. The individual packs are handy. Right?
- Dude Wipes – Yes, bulk and individually packed.
- Eye Glass Cleaner – I also buy these sometimes. BTW, when I bought new glasses a few months ago, they recommended soap and water with a microfiber cloth. Using these lens cleaners too often can scratch the lenses.
- CRKT S.P.E.W. EDC Fixed Blade Knife with Sheath: Compact Utility Neck Knife (The one where the tip broke off)
- CRKT Minimalist Bowie Neck Knife (The one I lost)
- OneTigris Tactical ID Card Holder Hook & Loop Patch Badge Holder
- Streamlight Pocket Flashlight – I bought this Streamlight 66318 MicroStream in December 2020, and it still works fine. I’ve moved to rechargeable for most of my flashlights except the two that I carry on my person. I bought a rechargeable Streamlight and a rechargeable Olight for EDC not long ago. I lost the Olight, and the Streamlight stopped working. No more expensive flashlights for my on-person EDC. They will go in my EDC pack.
- Olight flashlight – I have this Olight I3T EOS 180 Lumens Dual-Output Slim EDC Flashlight in both Black and Desert Tan. They work great.
- Ink Pens – Pilot, G2 Premium Gel Roller Pens. I’ve bought this same 12-pack box three different times. I go through ink pens fast.
- Carmex – The squeeze tubes I prefer.
- FlameNest Waterproof BIC Lighter Case. A lot of people love the Exotac fire sleeve and I’m sure it’s great. I like the price of the FlameNext and I got two of them for half the cost of one Exotac.
- Keybar – I have the Keybar Carbon Fiber/Aluminum Key Organizer EDC Tool. I added the KeyBar Quick Key Tab, Deep Carry Clip, and the “DON’T TREAD ON ME” back plate (I believe that was a special edition no longer available.)
- Gun / EDC Belt – Rather than linking to it on Amazon, I think the Kore website will be better for you since they already have the belt and buckle in a bundle. I have the X5 Black Buckle and Tactical Nylon Gun Belt (In both Black and Green). The belt & buckle I have is the ratcheting system, and I love it. See it work on my Instagram.
- Glove Belt Clip Holder – I also keep these on a few of my packs.
- Another product better served by the main website is We The People Holsters. We all carry different handguns, with different positions and accessories. I was able to order the IWB, left-handed with my Streamlight TLR-6 in Carbon Black with just a few clicks.
- Streamlight TLR-6 – This is the flashlight on my Glock 26 every day carry. I bought it in May 2020, and it still works and looks great.
- Talon Grips – I have several handguns wrapped with these Talon grips. These are for the Glock 26.
A Quick Note On ‘Gray Man’ Or Blending In
Where I live, especially where I work, tactical doesn’t stand out much. It’s nothing to see black, green, camo tactical-looking clothing and packs. Many of my co-workers still fit into their military fatigues and wear those daily.
If you’re concerned about standing out, for the most part, I think this topic is blown out of proportion within our community; dress appropriately for your location and occupation. If I sat at a desk or inside an office, I might dress differently.
That list was crazy long, but nothing compared to my EDC pack coming next week. Yes, I’m scared. It will be a huge undertaking gathering and listing all of those links, but you are worth the trouble.
Call To Action / Next Step
Next Step: Video – My EDC Bag – A Look Inside – 2020 (Will Be Updated Next Week)
Stay safe. Stay prepared.