Today, I’m making a huge pot of Zucchini Soup with chicken in my backyard – Off-Grid cooking style. In fact, I’m hanging the Lodge 9-quart cast iron dutch oven over my backyard fire pit with a cast iron cooking/camping tripod. Watch the video.
Cooking Zucchini Soup in my backyard is the second video in our new off-grid cooking from the pantry series where we learn what to store and how to cook it – with or without electricity.
This new video series is designed to help us:
- Find new dishes that can be made from our prepper pantries.
- Get a better idea on how long these meals last.
- What items we need to add to our stored food preps.
- What exactly is needed to cook and store our meals from the pantry.
- Learn to store what we eat, eat what we store.
🎬 On With The Show – Zucchini Soup From The Pantry (& Garden)
Off-Grid Cooking From The Pantry: Zucchini Soup Show Notes
- 🥒 Fresh zucchini from the garden
- 🍗 Cold-pack home-canned chicken
- 🍅 Home-canned stewed tomatoes
- 🥣 Chicken broth (I make homemade chicken bone broth)
- 🌶 Fresh jalopeno pepper from the garden
- 🥬 Fresh celery from the garden
- 🍄 Dehydrated mushrooms
- 🥕 Dehydrated carrots
- 🧅 Fresh onion from the garden
- 🌾 Fresh green onion from the garden
- 🌿 Fresh herbs from the garden: Parsly, Chives, Garlic Chives, Basil
- 🧂 Seasoning (Pepper and a little Old Bay)
*Serving Size: Depends
*Calories: Who’s Counting?
Note: In the video, I mentioned canning the zucchini soup. A little research and I’ve found summer squashes, including zucchini are no longer recommended for home canning. It can, however, still be pickled.
Next Steps: Avoid many of these prepper mistakes by creating your Preparedness Action Plan right now.
- Become a VIP – Free
- Want another example of “Cooking From The Pantry?”
- Need to start your prepper pantry?
- Have you already started your prepper pantry?
- Have the right prepper mindset?
Stay safe. Stay prepared.
Mentioned / Used In The Zucchini Soup Video:
- Stansport Cast Iron Camping Tripod for Outdoor Campfire Cooking Black, 13 lb
- Lodge 9 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- Barebones small scissors from MI Gardener
That’s A Wrap 🎬
If you liked this post and video, please consider sharing them. A quick like and subscribe on YouTube would be a lot of help to me as well.
Easy Sharing – I Did The Footwork
Re-pin this on Pinterest
Retweet this tweet on Twitter
Share this FB post
Share my Instagram post
Share my LinkedIn post
Copy and paste anyone?
Share on Pinterest? Feel free to share this picture of “Cooking Zucchini Soup In My Backyard” I put together for you on Pinterest.
Share on Instagram? Feel free to use this image.