Today, I’m making a huge pot of Zucchini Soup with chicken in my backyard – Off-Grid cooking style. In fact, I’m hanging the Lodge 9-quart cast iron dutch oven over my backyard fire pit with a cast iron cooking/camping tripod. Watch the video.
Cooking Zucchini Soup in my backyard is the second video in our new off-grid cooking from the pantry series where we learn what to store and how to cook it – with or without electricity.
This new video series is designed to help us:
- Find new dishes that can be made from our prepper pantries.
- Get a better idea on how long these meals last.
- What items we need to add to our stored food preps.
- What exactly is needed to cook and store our meals from the pantry.
- Learn to store what we eat, eat what we store.
🎬 On With The Show – Zucchini Soup From The Pantry (& Garden)
Off-Grid Cooking From The Pantry: Zucchini Soup Show Notes
- 🥒 Fresh zucchini from the garden
- 🍗 Cold-pack home-canned chicken
- 🍅 Home-canned stewed tomatoes
- 🥣 Chicken broth (I make homemade chicken bone broth)
- 🌶 Fresh jalopeno pepper from the garden
- 🥬 Fresh celery from the garden
- 🍄 Dehydrated mushrooms
- 🥕 Dehydrated carrots
- 🧅 Fresh onion from the garden
- 🌾 Fresh green onion from the garden
- 🌿 Fresh herbs from the garden: Parsly, Chives, Garlic Chives, Basil
- 🧂 Seasoning (Pepper and a little Old Bay)
*Serving Size: Depends
*Calories: Who’s Counting?
Note: In the video, I mentioned canning the zucchini soup. A little research and I’ve found summer squashes, including zucchini are no longer recommended for home canning. It can, however, still be pickled.
Next Steps: Avoid many of these prepper mistakes by creating your Preparedness Action Plan right now.
- Become a VIP – Free
- Want another example of “Cooking From The Pantry?”
- Need to start your prepper pantry?
- Have you already started your prepper pantry?
- Have the right prepper mindset?
Stay safe. Stay prepared.
Mentioned / Used In The Zucchini Soup Video:
- Stansport Cast Iron Camping Tripod for Outdoor Campfire Cooking Black, 13 lb
- Lodge 9 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- Barebones small scissors from MI Gardener
That’s A Wrap 🎬
If you liked this post and video, please consider sharing them. A quick like and subscribe on YouTube would be a lot of help to me as well.
Easy Sharing – I Did The Footwork
Copy and paste anyone?
Share on Pinterest? Feel free to share this picture of “Cooking Zucchini Soup In My Backyard” I put together for you on Pinterest.
Share on Instagram? Feel free to use this image.